Restless in Seattle
Welcome Cryptid, please log in Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Restless in Seattle
Welcome Cryptid, please log in Smile
Restless in Seattle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DominicDextrous

Butthole Monster Empty Butthole Monster

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:51 pm
What We Know (from internet sources):

The Shirime or Nuppori-bōzu (Japanese: 尻目 or しりめ, meaning "butt eye") is a type of yokai that likes to scare people late at night, but is otherwise harmless in Japanese mythology.

Shirime approaches travelers on the road late at night, looking like a man wearing a kimono. Once it has their attention, it asks them if they have a moment to spare. Before they can answer, the shirime drops its kimono to the ground and bends over, spreading its butt cheeks and revealing the giant, shining eye located inside of its butt hole.

Other than its very startling behavior, shirime does not do anything harmful. It appears to thrive solely on the joy of scaring people.
Although there are very few documented encounters, because of its alternate name (nuppori-bōzu) and its shocking behavior, it is very likely that shirime is a close relative of the noppera-bō, another faceless ghost. In this case, shirime's true form may simply be a shapeshifted animal playing a practical joke on humans.

Encounter:

One of my friends ran into this creature at Kubota Gardens and it behaved just as described and then a later I encountered the yokai at my place of work and it again behaved as described.

Thoughts:

How did this Japanese creature end up here? Is it another one of The Shattered? What is the origin of the dubbed “butthole monster” What does it get out of scaring humans? Is that what it feeds on? Fear? Is this something we should get rid of or do we let it do what it wants? I know some of The Shattered are supposed to be harmless. Is this one? I wonder if it it is indeed a shapeshifter or perhaps a human that has been cursed in some way? Maybe they were a prankster in life and the pranked the wrong entitiy and now they are the butthole monster? Which seems more plausible? Does it have a certain territory it travels?

The BIG QUESTION is how does it fucking travel? It has an eye in its butt does it have other senses it uses or does it just travel butt first everywhere? Does it teleport? Does it have some sort of butthole monster tunnel system in Seattle?
Audrey+Pancakes
Audrey+Pancakes
https://ColtanStudio.com/

Butthole Monster Empty Re: Butthole Monster

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:49 pm
Where are you??
DominicDextrous

Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:07 pm
New York.
GraceUnderFire

Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:10 pm
Are you okay?
DominicDextrous

Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:31 pm
I think you need to come here. I am at 82nd and Broadway in NYC at the Sugar Tunnels. You'll need an animal mask to get in. Tell the lady you want to go to the Sugar Tunnels.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum